Everyone should have an equal opportunity to use gjensidige.builders. We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to make our website as accessible as possible to all users.
- meet at least AA criteria in WCAG 2.1 and aim to create new solutions that allow us to meet more AAA criteria and in the future
- maintain and further develop an accessible website
- communicate in a plain and simple manner
- ensure universal design when selecting or updating third party systems
- prioritise universal design and WCAG demands in our development of new solutions for Gjensidige’s sites in all countries
The accessibility principles we follow:
- Information and user interface must be perceivable by all users
- The users must be able to navigate the website and operate its interface
- The website must be readable and understandable, with a predictable user experience
- Content must be compatible with assistive technology, and robust enough to remain accessible over time
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some text will overflow the screen, but is scrollable
- one of our typography tokens for lead paragraphs has line height 1.3 to enhance readability due to its 32 px text size
- the descriptive text within a certain type of cards has a fixed font size
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- not all live video streams have captions
- many images have an empty alt text as there's some ambiguity about their informativeness
We are working to improve all of the points above, so that everyone can make use of all our content.
This is how we work with accessibility:
- Universal design is part of our daily maintenance and further development
- We focus on correcting WCAG errors continuously
- We consider all feedback that may contribute to improving our accessibility
We highly appreciate your feedback on our work with universal design on this site.
Help us improve our accessibility
Did you discover accessibility errors, flaws or areas to improve? Please send our web editor an email